Has the Verizon Nexus One been dropped for Microsoft’s Kin phones?‎

Yesterday Verizon made an announcement regarding a new phone, and if rumours were to have been believed, this phone was the Google Nexus One. The delayed launch of the Verizon Nexus One has been a cause of sever anxiety for many on the Verizon network.

However one more Nexus One fans were let down by Verizon. Instead of announcement regarding the Nexus One, Verizon decided to release information on the Microsoft Kin Phones. This leads us to think Verzon may have dumped Google in favour of the new Microsoft Phones.

Microsoft will be releasing the Kin One and Kin two with Verizon in early May. Meanwhile we still have no further information on the Nexus One.

This keads us to as ourselves the question -”will Verizon ever launch the Nexus One?”

What is your opinion on this matter?

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to “ Has the Verizon Nexus One been dropped for Microsoft’s Kin phones?‎ ”

1. Todd on April 13, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Verizon would not just dump the Nexus One. Since we have seen official announcements on the Google phone site, I am confident Verizon will be launching several phones at once to lure in all sorts of consumers.

I think the Kin phones will target the seniors in high school and college freshman. Furthermore, Kin Studio is a must in the later Windows 7 Phone if Microsoft plans on gaining back mobile phone users.

2. ComeNow on April 13, 2010 at 3:29 pm

I think we have to ask that question. There is clearly some reason they’re not telling us. I’ve heard that it’s in litigation with Apple. So why then can T-Mobile still be selling it and google selling the unlocked version? Problems with getting it to work on the CDMA network? Who knows. Regardless, there should be an announcement one way or the other. They’re only frustrating (and perhaps losing) those who are most interested. I know I’m getting tired of it.

3. know all on April 13, 2010 at 3:36 pm

There will be no Nexus One or any phone branded by Google for Verizon period. Google will continue to produce phones that will be purchased through there online store, with the release of the US Government free access nation wide wi fi Google phones will in association with Google Voice will provide free Internet calling to all phones Google will sell Internet phones with Google Voice numbers. Cellular companys will no longer exist.

4. Brian on April 13, 2010 at 3:42 pm

I can tell you this. My cell phone contract has been up with verizon for the last 2 months and I am considering renewing it. However, I want a real cell phone that can do what the Nexus One can do. If Verizon dumps Google I will have to dump Verizon. I pay way too much with Verizon to have a poor choice selection with their phones. Verizon has to realize that we are savvy consumers and simply putting out phones that look neat but are not the real deal won’t cut it. If Verizon cares about giving the best service possible then they would put the best phones on their network. And lets face it, Google is a forward looking company. They are on the edge of technology more so than most fortune 50 companies. What is Verizon telling us by dumping the Nexus One? What it means to me is that Verizon is not on the cutting edge of technology, where I want to be.

5. Zack on April 13, 2010 at 4:06 pm

This was absolutely no surprised. First, the email promised something unique and exclusive to Verizon, neither of which fit any Android phone. Second, the logo at the bottom looks very turtle-like which was the nickname of the Kin 2. I took one glance at the email and called this and was 100% right.

6. Rob on April 13, 2010 at 5:14 pm

I am seriously considering dumping Verizon and going over to At&T then i can consider getting the iPhone or Nexus One. Most likely the Nexus One thought. Verizon sucks and I think people should switch from verizon to t-Mobil or AT&T to show Verizon that we choose to be with them not have to be. VERIZON SUCKS!!!!!

7. Jamie on April 13, 2010 at 5:41 pm

I am an AT&T customer (yes iPhone), my contract has expired, and I am very interested in the Nexus One, but only if it is on a big reliable network like Verizon because I travel a lot. I know the Nexus one is available on AT&T, but I get too many dropped calls so I want to leave, when is this damn phone coming out?

8. enoughalready on April 13, 2010 at 6:14 pm

it is probably because Verizon wants to “dummy down” the Nexus one, and google does not want to. i swear, Verizon has the worst phones.. but the best service. i have been up for renewal now since September and now im thinking about just waiting for the iphone 4g and making the switch to AT&T. i mean, how bad could it be?????

9. Brian on April 13, 2010 at 6:46 pm

I think Google should lauch their own wireless network. I would be there in a heart beat!!!

10. Bast on April 13, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Verizon has not concern with what the tech savvy customers want. Most of us want open source Google android on a good phone from HTC. My wife just got an Eris two months ago and they are dropping that phone, and now another POS microsoft phone.

Really???

I look for a lot of the true techs to start dropping off Verizon soon and going with another carrier where you have the freedom of good phones and service.

Verizon Good network bad phones and wont get good ones that people want so your stuck with a bad selection.

AT&T Good Phones good selection bad network with dropped calls and slow response.

Sprint, well their network is a joke if your out of a metropolis.

T-Mobile — who???

Basically we are slaves to the big machine, the only one who is posed to save us is Google.

If they came out with a wireless network tomorrow, I’m there I would pay the money to get away from Verizon to a company that has vision and seems to care about its customers.

11. Chris on April 13, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Guys, chill out!! Verizon cannot release the Nexus Ones because of the lawsuit against HTC. Basically it’s out of Verizon’s hands at the moment. There are literally pallets of Nexus Ones stateside that cannot be released until some sort of agreement has been reached in the HTC/Apple case. My guess is soon, Apple may have tried to delay the shipment long enough to announce their IPhone 4 OS, they may try to delay long enough to get the IPhone on Verizon first. Right now there is a huge market of Verizon users ready for the next generation of smart phones, it seems that Apple is trying every underhanded trick to grab some of that user base. Boycott Apple!!!

12. Bonze on April 13, 2010 at 7:57 pm

That’s it then. I am not going to wait anymore. My Verizon contract is up and now I can move to T-Mobile and get my Nexus One.

13. tommy on April 13, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Yeah i have been along time Verizon fan..
    Their network has never let me down.
    But all the major networks have this 5 month old Nexus One phone already? One day their will be another network that has as good as coverage and i will remember..

14. Brett on April 13, 2010 at 8:35 pm

I am getting sick of waiting for the Incredible and Nexus One to come out on Verizon. I was about to switch to AT&T for the iphone but then read about these two phones. I like Verizon’s network too much to just drop it, but i am getting sick of waiting around for them to make an announcement. Hurry up and release something, at least a date or i am taking my business to AT&T!

15. Matt on April 13, 2010 at 9:20 pm

If they drop the Nexus One:

1- They are the dumbest company, I swear. Do they get that once AT&T, or even another network, catches up with their quality of service there will be a mass exodus to service providers who launch new, elite phones right away. The Nexus One can still compete but by now it is already growing old and is still notttt hereeee. Building out the best network in America is the hard part you would think, not giving customers the phones they want.

2- I will probably leave Verizon although I might wuss out since my roommate does drop a hell of a lot of calls with AT&T.

16. dabubbakin on April 13, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Verizon won’t let the N1 beat the Incredible. If Verizon can’t sell the N1 because of the lawsuit then why can Google still sell them to other service customers? Why does Verizon have Bing and not Google as a default search engine on current phones? Hmmmm interesting… I want the N1 but I’m guessing Verizon will announce the N1 in nothing more than a whisper and it’s going to be full price on Google’s site.

17. Michael on April 13, 2010 at 11:14 pm

My contract was up a month ago, if verizon choose not to do something soon I will go with Sprint.

18. Delilah on April 14, 2010 at 3:09 am

The reason VZW has not released the N1 is simple, they are not selling this phone in Verizon stores, so therefore since they can sell the Incredible in store first bf they release the N1 through google, they make more profit. The N1 will be available on VZW but they are just waiting to see how well the incredible does since they are able to sell instore. Be patient, its worth the wait. AT&T will never live up to VZW service. Enjoy your dropped calls!