Verizon iPhone to be released in early 2011 | Buzz Biz News

Verizon iPhone to be released in early 2011

After all the talk of a Verizon iPhone and white iPhones neither have hit the shelves for Christmas. The partnership between Apple and Verizon, which is clear but still not official due to there not being any announcements or even a conference to confirm or deny the rumours. Customers however will be left rather annoyed if shortly after Christmas an announcement is made confirming that the Verizon iPhone is to be released in the next few months. The iPhone 4 has had unprecedented sales and has been more popular then the iPhone 3 and 3G. So if for Christmas you were to buy an iPhone 4 on AT&T and then it’s released on America’s biggest network, you would be somewhat annoyed. The timing by Apple and Verizon has been poor. If the release date is the first quarter of 2011 there will some very unhappy customers.

A relationship between Apple and Verizon Wireless is being kept under wraps. They are currently in agreement over the iPad, as Verizon’s network is available on Apple’s iPads.

Verizon have invested in a new 4G network which will keep customers happy, especially as many iPhone users have complained about AT&T’s network problems which include signal issues and dropped calls.

Android devices on Verizon have secured 27% of the phone market in the second quarter. By introducing the iPhone on Verizon this may dampen Android share of the market as iPhone increases theirs.

Would you buy an iPhone on Verizon?

м

108 Comments

1. Shirley says:

I WOULD BUY THE VERIZON IPHONE! PLEASE RELEASE IT :)

• Sharon Kochlany says:

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting… I will wait as long as it takes. I just looked at Verizon’s map and I am not in an area where the 4G network is yet, and I will wait for that also. I love Verizon and patience is my virtue, but it is running a little thin after 2 years of waiting.

• Jay Whitmeyer says:

I will be patient as well because as nice as the Androids phone look and i have played with friend’s phones , and love the Iphone , I will NOT get one as long as they are exclusive with AT, and T

• Chad Hester says:

VZ will not havve 4 G on the iPhone. In fact they won’t have any 4G phones the first part of 2011, just connectioin cards

• Jessica says:

I cant wait until it is released. Ive been with Verizon for years and was about to upgrade from my BB to the droid, but now i will definitely wait until the i phone is released.

• sara says:

I would definitely buy it on Verizon! I’ve had AT&T for far too long and need to switch over, but my patience is running thin… I might just get the HTC EVo on Sprint!

• Lori says:

I would so buy the iPhone. I already have the iPad.

• eric says:

once the iPhone comes out 4 Verizon i’m defiantly going to set it. i’m so excited.

• leigh says:

absolutely.. we have a family plan and want to keep it that way

• Steve Jobs says:

I am totally going to buy it. Verizon’s network is a 100 times better than at&t.

• Peter Bean says:

As much as I thought I loved the iphone, I recently realized how much I loved my beloved 3 year old blackberry curve (on verizon network) and love even more the veteran 1st generation motorola droid I purchased nov 2009.
      I feel very confident that it wont be an upgrade or a fresh breath of air for those who are moving from a recent model of android based phones to verizon iphone. These last 2 weeks, i have been playing around with my daughters latest ipod touch, it is as good as iphone 4 without the undependable phone part. It is nice, sleek and stylish, but when I pick up my droid 1 by motorola, its a home run for me.

Just my 2 cents

2. zursch says:

Absolutely. Am starting to get a little impatient waiting for Verizon to offer the iPhone, and am seriously weighing switching over to AT&T. However, I’m still a bit nervous given all the problems I hear with AT&T. Wish Verizon would at least make some announcement regarding if they are going to offer it at all.

• nomoreatt says:

I won’t switch to AT&T. Been with them since 2002 and they do not treat their customers well. I will switch to Verizon as soon as iPhone is available.

• MisterF says:

AT&T doesnt give a rats ass about any of their customers. I tried to get iPhone4 and was jerked around ten ways to sunday. When I asked how much to close my two accounts they graciously gave me the amounts . I have been with the from the beginning of bag phones and bricks, spend several hundred dollars a month and was treated like a second class customer. As soon as iPhones are available on Verison, I will be taking my 2 accounts and all of my family and friends to a new network. If everyone would do the same, they would get what they deserve

3. Jackie says:

I would absolutely buy a Verizon iPhone and will wait till it happens.

4. Dave says:

i switched from AT&T about a year ago so i could have an iphone 3gs, i loved it. then i decided that i needed an iphone 4, so i prordered it and it gave me more problems than it was worth. i then went back to verizon where i currently have a DROID X and it is a really awesome phone. awesome enough to hold me over till verizon actually releases an iphone. i almost had a moment of weakness where i wanted to go back to AT&T but i was strong. hurry up verizon!!

5. renbur says:

No. I will not buy an iPhone. I am completely satisfied with my current phone. Droid X. The signal strength is amazing on the Motorola that I currently use and with all of the complaints out there from iPhone users about dropped calls, I juts don’t see it as an option.

6. Kade Madison says:

I have had Verizon for years. It would be nice to at least get some type of confirmation. Especially since I have been ready to upgrade for a while, but have been patiently waiting. If we don’t hear anything soon, I might just have to go for the HTC or Motorola Droid

7. Bill says:

Absolutely will buy the IPhone when Verizon releases it, bye bye Blackberry!!

8. danger says:

If Verizon does not have the iphone annouced by Feb. 2011, and /or Android does not come up with a Netflix streaming app before then, I’m forgetting my “new every two” and jumping to AT&T. All I want is netflix while at my gym!

9. William says:

I’m sure it will happen, Droid is moving up to fast so Apple has to counter that growth, and what better way than to make it available on Big Red. I would love to have the iphone, but would never leave Verizon to get one……..what I’m trying to say is that AT&T sucks!. I have a work phone through them…horrible. I will cross my fingers and hope this time it’s for real, if not then I will stick to my droid till then.

10. Lee says:

I am surprised to hear Apple is negotiating a contract with Verizon considering Apple has strict guidelines their software can not be tweaked. Verizon has been known for limiting functionality of their phones by locking advanced functions and installing their own software which restricts access to certain advanced features which unlock the phone’s full potential. This is the reason why Apple has not negotiated a contract with Verizon thus far so it will be interesting to see what happens. I am a satisfied AT&T user of the iphone 3G and have mixed feelings whether to upgrade to the iphone 4 due to it’s antenna flaw reception until a firmware fix is released.

• Stefdawg says:

Not true at all. BOTH companies maintain a very tight grip on their brand and product, which is why both companies offer superior products and a superior network. This is why an agreement has not come sooner. Your comment makes it sound as if Verizon is the only one that limits functionality of their software, Apple does this as well and then some. Why do you think everyone has to jailbreak – to get access to apps that Apple doesn’t approve of. None of my Droids are limited in any way whatsoever. Apple needs Verizon far more than Verizon needs Apple – Android is the reason. If an agreement come it is because Apple has finally jumped on the bandwagon.

11. Chris says:

I would buy the iphone for verizon in a heartbeat. i wish they would just let the public know whats going on with it because i am getting tired of waiting and have thought about switching to AT&T just for it but i would rather stay with Verizon.

12. janice says:

I would absolutely buy a Verizon iPhone.
    I hope they do release it soon.

13. vita reid says:

I would purchase the Verizon iPhone. I am a dedicated iPod touch user, which is merely the iPhone without the phone — and I love my iPod. I love that little thing. It is magnificent. Now when Verizon seals the deal with Apple, and if they can withstand all the data usage by the iphone customers, then I will be a Verizon customer for life.

Come on Verizon! Make it happen!

14. Adam says:

I have been waiting for this entirely too long! I own 2 macs, 3 iPods, and an iPad. I need the phone and I need it soon! Please! I lost my blackberry and am considering a droid, hurry! For now I have been using my itouch with the line2 app to make calls, and it works great, but i need wifi and don’t have a mobile hotspot to keep in my pocket.

15. brittany says:

I will NOT buy an iphone UNTIL it goes to verizon. i will have nothing to do with AT&T!

16. Dennis M. says:

Just waiting for my upgrade date of January 4, 2011 on Verizon and then plan to upgrade my cell phone to the Verizon iPhone 4. The timing couldn't be better.

17. Dame says:

I been a blackberry user for 5+ years after being in denial and using the iphone and other apple products, I will be leaving the blackberry family and getting a Verizon iPhone as soon as it comes out!

18. Melinda P. says:

Our upgrade with Verizon is now, but we are waiting till early 2011 to see if Verizon does in deed come out with the iPhone.

19. miguel d says:

that never happen, iphone never go to verizon

• Anonymus says:

You know, I have my doubts that Apple won’t switch. There are too many complaints about AT&T’s network, so iPhone would soar. Plus, I’m pretty sure this is just the U. S. There are places where the iPhone is covered by Verizon, so why doesn’t America join them?

20. miguel d says:

no hold your breas becouse iphone never go to verizon, use you android

21. Evader says:

Will the verizon iphone be a global phone or am I stuck to US only

22. Inticipating says:

I am on the verge to going over to AT&T. Verizon and Apple needs to hurry up and confirm if it’s just a rumor or not…it’s irritating that they are being evasive about the whole thing. Verizon needs to let their customers know if they are going to expand the lite to more locations soon.

23. Richard says:

I will buy a Verizon iPhone assuming it arrives before the Second Coming of Christ.

24. Yendor says:

I have been using an iPhone 3G for about a year and a half and have been as pleased as can be both with the phone and ATT’s network. No problems with dropped calls or weak signals. I considered buying an iPhone 4 but without 4G it’s just not worth it to me. If Verizon comes out with a 4G iPhone I may switch over. If no 4G, I’ll stay with ATT till their iPhone has 4G.

25. Ev says:

I feel like I’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing. I’m with verizon but I’m so upset with their phones. I got a stupid EnV Touch which was supposed to be “app friendly.” My ass app friendly. It’s been in the market for years and there are probably less than 20 apps. Which most you have to subscribe per month. I don’t think so! I want an iphone, but if verizon messes with it and installs their own software, I’ll go to AT&T. Or I’ll get it unlocked so I can do what I please.

26. Nora says:

Yes I will and I will wait. I’ve been with verizon for over 10 years and consider them to be the best. Iphone teaming up with them will prove them unstoppable. I was considering getting the droid with verizon but ever since I heard this news I will be waiting it out till it comes.

27. Tony says:

Yes!! Been waiting forever!! Hurry up Verizon!! We need this Iphone 4!!

28. Derek says:

I switched to Att for the Iphone 4. I must say it is much better than the Droid phones. But and this is a big but, ATT sucks. The service doesn’t compare to verizon. As for customer service good luck. I must have called 10 times and got 10 different answers. I finally paid the $300 termination fee and went back to my old phone.

29. Steve says:

I would definitely buy an iPhone if it comes to Verizon soon. I hope they release it soon (by February 2011), because I’m tired of waiting for it.

30. Bill says:

Hurry up verizon. I got an iphone, kept for about a year and cancelled AT&T just because of dropped calls and bad siginals. I have apple evrything so lets get going. Verizon has excellent customer service and have been with them for years. Forget the droid. Go apple iphone

• ha ha says:

ya who cares about droid apple is a better brand and you would get a LOT more customers.

and stop holding info i am about to switch to at&t for iphone 4

31. Lloyd says:

How long can i hold on for? The saying is, good things are worth waiting for. Dont let me down verizon!

32. Calvinalibra says:

There is going to be a huge shift for Verizon once that iPhone is available I just hope the network is capable of managing all the new customers they’ll be getting. That’s probably what they’re waiting for, trying to make sure they can handle the rush. AT&T i’m guessing will lose a LOT of customers so i’m interested to know how that will work. Will AT&T’s network start working better? Thoughts??

33. Cyndy says:

HELL YES, I’ve been waiting for an announcement about the Verizon IPhone but I’m losing patience. It was suppose to be a Christmas present for the family so hopefully by January we’ll have some good news.

34. karen says:

I have an original chocolate and decided to take the plunge and upgrade to a smart phone, then I heard that Verizon was getting the Iphone. I am waiting…hurry Verizon because I will not leave you!

35. p shotts says:

I too am interested in I Phone for myself and daughter. Have been with Verison for number of years and have tried the others. If Verizon gets I Phone in jan or Feb then we will be looking to buy 2 and if not it will be a disappointment.

36. Robb says:

FWIW, my wife and I both have the iPhone 4 through AT&T and we have not had any problems. My parents use Verizon and I would like to upgrade them to a smartphone. I’m hopeful that Verizon will carry the iPhone 4 so that all of us in the family can use the facetime feature. They are in their late 50s early 60s and the iPhone would be very user friendly for them.

You can’t go wrong with the Droid X or iPhone 4, but one thing about the iPhone 4 that separates it from the competition is its resolution. Most people don’t quite comprehend the importance of high resolution when viewing pictures and especially a webpage. It’s the first Apple product I have owned and I’ve been very satisfied.

37. Fallon says:

I would DEFINITELY purchase a Verizon iPhone. I never had an iphone because i hate AT&T… and I would never be that desperate to have an iphone if it had to be on AT&T’s network. I will wait as long it takes for Verizon to get it =)

38. ken says:

will not buy.The customers that so eagerly want to ruch to iphone , probably are not familiar with all the features and capabilities on Motorola or even htc phones.

• Shelly says:

do tell- i am on the fence for the Droid Incredible and Samsung fascinate. I can’t decide, do you have any suggestions? I want an iphone, but think it is just for the brand- I love verizon, so switching is not an option.

39. DD says:

IF verizon don’t come out with the Iphone by the end of January….I am switching to At&T….I am tired of waiting….I wasnt a IPHONE so bad!!!…sucks its not hear for christmas!…. Come on Verizon!!!!

40. Debra says:

I swore off AT&T years ago! Love Verizon and I agree that so many people will just “move on over” as soon as they are able. I too am waiting for the iphone! Lets go Verizon, lets go!

41. JIm says:

I am patiently awaiting the iPhone on Verizon, I may wait for the iPhone 5 though.

42. Name Less says:

They better make the make this information public by 5:00 on January 3rd, or else I am upgrading from the iPhone 3G to the iPhone 4 on AT&T. That is the time on which I can upgrade without an up-charge. I cant stand my iPhone 3G another second. It keeps on crashing!!

43. R says:

Of course I would!! The day it comes out.

44. Courtney A says:

YES. ATT doesn’t have 3G in my area, and edge on an iphone is not sufficient

45. vickie delll says:

I had an iphone 3Gs with ATT, I walked and left them with it. ATT sucks and they could care less about customer satisfacion or service. I am now using a Verizon LG with a slide out keyboard that i despise! Can’t wait for iPhone with Verizon.
    Apples are great! ATT sucks, Verizon better that att.

46. ak says:

Verizon ! Just give us iPhone ….Please..

47. Jen says:

My AT&T contract is up on the 17th. Tired of no reception and dropped calls. Also, ATT doesn’t have 3G in my area, and edge on an iphone is not sufficient. I LOVE my iPhone but cannot stand AT&T. Switch to Verizon and buy a Droid or wait it out and see if the iPhone crosses over? Tough decisions.

48. Cess says:

Yes! I will definitely buy the Verizon Iphone. The analysts that say it won’t do well are out of their minds! Just look at all of the comments on this article! More than 90% said they would buy one!

49. steve says:

I am switching to AT&T. Tired of waiting. I borrowed an iphone overnight from a coworker and signal strength on my drive home was as good or better than my verizon phone. I was even able to place a call from my house (I live in the sticks), which I couldn’t do with my HTC.

50. JEN says:

I just upgraded to iPhone 4!!!! I’M TIRED OF WAITING!

I think Verizon won’t get the iPhone coz they are afraid that some of their smart phones won’t be as fast-selling as the iPhone.

End of discussion . . . .