Apple is planning to launch the next generation of iPad in middle of Feb 2011. Rumors are circulating that iPad will be available on sale at BestBuy.com from 17th Feb 2011.
Currently Apple iPad holds 70% of the tablet market. However many rival tablets are being launched which have superior features to the iPad, so their market share is expected to decline.
Motorola is planning to release its Android 3.0 Honeycomb powered tablet XOOM in February. Apple are expected to launch the iPad 2 at a similar time to counter its threat.
Although there has currently been no official announcement made by Apple Inc. regarding the specs and availability of iPad 2. Some internal sources and Apple products hardware manufacturer’s from China have confirmed the following tech specs for Apple iPad 2:
- Front facing camera with Facetime support and 5-8MP Rear end camera with LED Flash.
- Retina display with new multi-touch capabilities and higher screen resolution.
- New version of iOS Software.
- Micro SD Card slot up to 32GB.
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Support for 4G LTE networks (only for USA).
- Thinner in size and lighter in weight.
A few days ago some details about new SKUs of Apple iPad leaked on BestBuy’s website for a number of hours due to error in inventory database management.